Buying shoes online is something as tricky for you as it is for us. Not only do different shoe manufacturers have minute differences in the cutting, the materials used also make a difference in your fit.
So in order to make the process as fuss-free as possible, and as accurate for everyone as possible, here are a few simple guidelines:
1) Check your feet measurements against our size chart or make your own
2) Stand on the chart barefoot or wearing a sock, whichever way you want to wear Flips
3) Hold a pencil vertically (90º) against your heel and place a mark at the end of your heel
4) Place another mark at the tip of your longest toe
5) Measure the heel-to-toe mark (in inches)
6) Check the corresponding size table for Flips shoes according to the shoe type (“Flip-flops” or “Flips Bare”)
7) For example, if your heel-to-toe measurements are 9.5”, your Flips flip-flop size would be a Flips size 6.
Flips Size Guide
Just print and use this shoe sizer to verify your foot size. When you click the 'PRINT' function in your browser, make sure you do not let your printer resize the page to fit your paper. In your 'PRINT SETTING' box, there is usually a function called 'PAGE SCALING'. Make sure that it is set to 'NONE' before printing. This will ensure that your printout will be an accurate size. Inches are also marked along the side of the chart to insure the scaling is correct.
Outline Your Own Feet Size
If you opt to do your own outline of your feet, make sure you follow the same guide above (steps 2 – 6) and refer to the table below.
A few words of advice!
When buying Flips flip-flops, we recommend buying a half inch size bigger than your heel-to-toe measurements for a more relaxed fit. For a more snug fit, choose the exact measurement. So for a 9.5” heel-to-toe measurement, choose Size 6 for a more snug fit and Size 7 fit.
For Flips Bare covered shoes, we make necessary allowances in the sizing table for a comfortable fit. However, there may still be odd cases where customers with wider feet may need to exchange for a larger size. Here’s where you may need to make the right choices based on your past shopping experiences.